Mar 30, 2009

Shopping Expedition!

I have high expectation for this trip; expectation that I will get many korean dramas! But day one I already had a severe disappointment. Yes I do find many korean dramas but it didn't have any english/malay subtitles!!!! Especially when I find all 3 boxset for The King and I on 30% discount....arghhhh!!!! what a let down... This is when I wish I could understand Korean Language, should I enroll again for another costly lesson? Nah.....

So I only bought Bittersweet Life at Bukit Bintang. All the other new dramas, are also available at the local stores here, so better buy here lah....


In the end I splurge on books. Lots of books. I think its the fault of ngalih berjalan, so most of the time I rest my tired legs sitting in bookstores, Kinokuniyas and Borders - reading what caught my fancy. And most of them, I end up buying! I would have bought more if I didn't think of my luggage 20kgs limit! Among the first I bought are...

after The Last Templar, I was hoping to find another can't-let-go-thriller!

finally in paperback! A next to read after I watch East of Eden hehehe....

and Jude Devereux's Secrets. Can't remember the sinopsis, but must be interesting or else I would skip this also like her many recent novels.


Then in KL, after going up and down Pavillion; left, right and centre, a short look-around at Lot 10 and Bukit Bintang/Sungai Weng Plaza, we took and MRT to Times Square. I can't walk anymore...my feet are aching! So went to Borders to sit and read again, there I found..

I was so wanna watch the movie, but there aint clear dvd copy yet in stores, so I started to read to learn whats its all about...and end up buying it! And learn its a trilogy so after that I started hunting for the other 2 books.

Found Inkspell at Singapore's Borders.


and Inkdeath at Singapore's Kinokuniya. And the all 3-in-1 at Times at The Centrepoint for half the price I bought for the 3 novels separately!!! To comfort my heart, I tell myself, it's ok. The 3-in-1 is soooo darn thick that the binding will easily come off... Long term, the separate book is better... Right?


I bought this at Singapore's Borders as well. Not a fan of Nora Roberts much, but this novel make me wants to flip to the last page...

Then there's Anne of Green Gables Co;lection. I can't remember exactly when I first watch Anne of Green Gables mini series, maybe my age was around 10-12 years old then. But me and my sisters was glued to the tv (if I remember correctly). It was a wonderful story full of drama and laughter. It was a story of a strong-headed, intelligent but romantic orphan girl, Anne Shirley who was finally got adopted by a couple of siblings. At first, you'll hate Marilla but you kinda grow fond of her in the end - behind her stern nature hides a kind heart. Anne quest to find a "bosom friend" was something all little girls could identify with and she always drag her bosom friend that she finally found into mischief. Then there's Gilbert Blythe... Hey! We got only local tv station then and two neighbouring country tv stations, so limited exposure, therefore Gilbert is already cute then with his curly black hair and pink cheeks ^_^ Gonna scour the cd stores for the tv-series now... hehe...


Megan Follows as Anne and Jonathan Crombie as Gilbert

Then I read the entire Anne series during my years at MD (coz the library collection was so limited!), I didn't expect to shed tears when I read the books, but found myself crying then... that's why I wanna read it again, to see if I still finds the story sweet and sad as I did back then or did i became jaded already, only korean dramas can make me cry....wakakaka! (and of course when I yawns!)

as an aftertought i bought the Emily's series also.... (have to take a long walk back to the hotel with heavy loads then)


I also remember the tv-series Road to Avonlea, based on stories by L.M. Montgomery also... I think I got some novels of the series stored somewhere... gonna dig my cupboard and boxes when I have the time (wonder when will that be?)

Now from these all 3 series, the prominent character are the girls; strong, stubborn, optimistic, smart and kind hearted girls who grew into such a fine womens. So its kinda a surprising when I found out before, that this wonderful author Mrs. Montgomery committed suicide suffering from depression....

No comments: