Nov 5, 2007

Dawson's Creek

I remember watching this series in Malaysian TV2 yearsssss ago - when I was still a teenager. I stayed up late and waited patiently since it aired around 11pm, and feel frustrated if for some unknown reason the station didn't aired the show for the night. I watched until the middle of season 3 then, when the storyline just got interesting; Pacey falling in love with Joey.
So anyway, I started buying the series DVD since June 2007, then because of Season 2 was so boring....I lost momentum and turn to Korean dramas again. I finally finished watching Season 2 in late August and buying a new season episodes everytime I finished watching the current one. Then tadaa....yesterday, 4th November, I finally watched the entire series.....and this is what I have to say about it.

Yes, I'm satisfied that Joey chose Pacey in the end - but the thing is he never stop loving her, and she admits she knows all along whom she loves, it's just she's afraid of making a commitment, thats why she's keep running away- running away from Pacey and every other guy she had relationship with. So if they are still in love with each other, wow! what inner strength they have for the 3 seasons to watch the person they are in love with falling in love with someone else - or at least having a relationship with another person - and still can show that person their best friend's face. And I still don't like the idea that one person can love more than one person simultaneously...call me romantic, dreamer, whatever, its just not....'romantic' (wakaka....)

And whats so special of this Joey character anyway, that guys fall in love with her left and right.... to me Jen has more character, or maybe she's so wise that its not idealfor men to chase after her? Maybe I'm biased also since Katie Holmes that played Joey end up and marrying Tom Cruise, euww! of all Hollywood actors...Tom Cruise??? Got to remember "Love is Blind" thats why we fall, not rise up to Love ^_^

Apart from Joshua Jackson natural talent in acting I have to applaud Kerr Smith also, in the series he's so beautiful, kind-hearted, funny and unfortunately - as in real life - so gay. And that Meredith Monroe, she is so beautiful in the season finale, how could she agree to 'uglyized' herself to make herself look like a teenager in the 3 seasons she was in.

My favourite scene that make a very lasting impression even years after I seen it for the first time was in Season 3, Weekend In The Country episode. "You know you love someone when you can spend the entire night, sitting by the fire, watching them sleep" thats what Grams has said to them and at the ending of the show, Pacey was sitting by the fire, watching Joey sleep. That was the first inkling of Pacey feeling for Joey in the show...

The dialogues that I like are so many.... mostly i remembered from the series finale...
Joey: Dreams aren't perfect Dawson... They come true, not free

------------------------
Jen: ... Be sure to make mistakes. Make a lot of them, because there's no better way to learn and to grow, all right? And, um, I want you to spend a lot of time at the ocean, because the ocean forces you to dream, and I insist that you, my girl, be a dreamer... And remember, to love is to live.
------------------------
Jen: I think they overestimate it, too. I mean, as much as you want to, you can't rely on someone else to make you feel alive. It's an inside job.

--------------------------
Then there is this scene in Season 3, Secrets and Lies between Pacey and Andie

Andie: I slept with another guy six months ago! I knew it was wrong when I did it. I keep trying to tell you this and make you understand it. How many times do I have to say it?
Pacey: Andie, If you wanted to sleep with him, if even just for a second, then maybe it wasn't wrong.
Andie: It was...
Pacey: Maybe. Maybe that was just your heart's way of telling you that I'm not the one. 'Cause that's what my heart's telling me right now... it's telling me that you're not the one.

Darn! this has become a long post. I was supposed to do something else when I switched on my PC.... ..

No comments: