Oct 4, 2008

On Air (3.5)

Had finished watching this drama weekss ago, but fudge this was the worse fasting month for me. At work I had no time to read my personal email, or browse through the internet, the workload keep piling up!!!!! There were days I was still typing on my desk until the normal working hours when everyone had already left for home exactly at two :( I was running around with several tasks in my head. There's one day when one officer asked me about something, and I answered I'll check it later (My memory space is getting crowded these days). And that person reply back I shouldn't have to check it again, I should've KNOWN since I'm the fucking secretary of the committee. "Sesungguhnya aku sedang berpuasa" or else.... Haha as if! I'd still swallowed the retort back even if I'm not fasting. Its not that I dont have the backbone to be sarcastic back but I'm thinking of the long term, how uncomfortable the work environment would be if I just say what I please to those thoughtless people. There were times when I was too late to bite my tongue, I really regret what I say :( Kata orang, "Terlajak kereta boleh reverse or u-turn, terlajak kata...unless you have the power to erase one's memory...regret/sorry is useless"

Back to the drama, I feel its been a long time since I can't guess the ending of the drama; who's gonna end up with whom. So I was really addicted to watch the next episodes and the next until I reach half of the drama. Its about two successful women and the two guys; one down on his luck and the other just starting on his career - in short the women have the 'power' here, the one who did the rescuing ^_^
Oh Seung Ah (Kim Ha Neul) is a famous successful actress albeit the fact she really can't act well. Having enough of her abusive, controlling Manager, she went in search of another agency after her contract with him expires. But all the other agency are all the same, so she went to Jang Ki Joon (Kim Bum Soo), the agent who help her when she was just starting on the entertainment business. Jang Ki Joon's agency was just being declared bankrupt, and the only actors he got left was two unknown talents. When, Seung Ah came to him, it was a boost to his spirit as well as his agency.
Lee Kyung Min (Park Yong Ha) was a drama PD who got his first chance at being a director. Seo Young Eun (Song Yoon Ah) is a much sought after script writer who was divorced and has a young son. Kyung Min feels that all her scripts lacks depth and only cares about viewers rating, he asked her to make some changes, a complete overhaul to be correct. In response, she flew away to Taiwan and he had a hard time convincing her to come back and work with him on the drama.There are two scenes where I like the most ^_^ First, when Ki Joon shield Young Eun's face from the sun with his palms. How it rattled Kyung Min and Seung Ah 's feathers but they try not to show it - I said try, Kyung Min made snide remarks about how big Young Eun's face is but the two person didn't understand. Second, when they played 'Truth or Dare" and everyone not wanting to reveal the truth but prefer to drink the wine instead.
It is here that I was intrigued, did he fall in love with Seung Ah years ago when she came to him wanting to be an actress, and did she likewise fall for him too? Or was he in love with the suicide actress or just feeling guilty because he couldnt save her? Who's the person he said he was in love with for years?????
This drama tries to show behind the scene of a drama production. But is it really like this? They have the beginning and have an idea about the ending but didnt know whats in between? And all the actresses and actors can also influence the way the story goes? Wow! I dont wanna be at the writers' shoes.

Overall, I like this drama. but does it make me rush to my favourite shop to buy another set. No. Maybe the fact that I dont have time to watch it does affect it a bit. Didnt like Kim Ha Neul or Song Yoon Ah before but in this drama they kinda okay, adorable in fact for SYA, though KHN I still have reservation. The other two lead actors- never seen them before though I'm planning to watch Surgeon Bong Dal Hee somewhere in the future. What about the mix-blood Ricky Lee Neely? His korean might be better than Daniel Henney or dreamy Dennis Oh but he was not that handsome in a close shot and still look awkward acting...so I don't see him jump to fame too quickly. Another similarities they all three shared is their wooden acts...hehehe. But I would watch Dennis's drama if its interesting; wooden acts won't matter, he's such an eye candy ^_^

Cast:
Lee Bum Soo (DOB: 03.01.1970)


Kim Ha Neul (DOB: 21.02.1978)


Park Yong Ha (DOB: 12.08.1977)


Song Yoon Ah (DOB: 07.06.1973)

Ricky Lee Neely (DOB: 19.06.1981) as Aidan Lee (Seung Ah's friend)

No comments: