Aug 20, 2009

The Big Bang Theory

Our whole universe was in a hot dense state,
Then nearly fourteen billion years ago expansion started. Wait...
The Earth began to cool,
The autotrophs began to drool,
Neanderthals developed tools,
We built a wall (we built the pyramids),
Math, science, history, unravelling the mysteries,
That all started with the big bang!



My niece(s) recommended for me to watch this show a long time ago, but at the time I was on a kdrama frenzy so anytime free time available was only for kdramas. This moment of hiatus of kdrama I think largely contribute to the last 2 dramas that I watch came in volume installation, so while waiting for the next volume to come out...i just simply lost my drive to continue. Maybe this Ramadhan month, I will finally watched the Kingdoms of The Wind that I bought last month, but only 1 episode or 1 disc per night! Hopefully...

Anyway, this show started with 2 super-smart nerd- but socially inept and awkward -have a new nieghbour move in to the apartment across their hallway, a hot beautiful blonde. Leonard and Sheldon's geekiness are contrasted with Penny''s social skills and common sense. I rather like how they try to 'stereotype' you to think that Penny would be cast as the usual dumb blonde bombshell, granted she's not a genius like the others, she do have a brain between her ears, however she does have difficulties differentiating between good man and jerks; she got history of picking lousy boyfriends. There's two equally geeky friends of theirs, smarmy Howard and girl-shy Raj who brighten the show also.

You might be lost with all those advanced physics theories and scientific references but it doesn't affect you getting the jokes and enjoying the show. The slapstick comedy with quick wit comeback, the subtle humours and the obvious jokes just make me laugh out loud. I was not sold for the first few episodes, though I do admit it was funny but then I fall for Sheldon after this scene...
Leonard: What did Penny mean, "you'd make a cute couple"?
Sheldon: Well, I assume she meant that the two of you together would constitute a couple that others might consider cute. An alternate, though somewhat less likely interpretation is that you could manufacture one. As in, "Oh, look, Leonard and Leslie made Mr. and Mrs. Goldfarb! Aren't they adorable?"
Leonard: If Penny didn't know that Leslie had already turned me down, then that would unambiguously mean that she, Penny, thought I should ask her, Leslie, out, indicating that she, Penny, had no interest in me asking her, Penny, out; but because she did know that I had asked Leslie out, and that she, Leslie, had turned me down, then she, Penny, could be offering me consolation - "That's too bad, you would have made a cute couple..." - while thinking, "good, Leonard remains available."
Sheldon: You're a lucky man, Leonard.
Leonard: How so?
Sheldon: You're talking to one of the three men in the Western Hemisphere capable of following that train of thought.
Leonard: Well, what do you think?
Sheldon: I said I could follow it, I didn't say I cared.
Wouldn't it be nice if we all could be frank and honest like Sheldon? But what a world will it be if there is no Leonards to tolerate our brutal honesty and self-centered-egoistical (though not selfish) pursuit. Wakaka...I also like Sheldon's views on birthday gifts (sorry, cause that what I think when I found it hard to find a perfect birthday gifts or any gifts for that matter)


So many quotes I wanna quotes but lets just settle for this two ^_^

Leonard: (talking about him and Penny) Our children will be smart and beautiful.

Sheldon: Not to mention imaginary

--------------------------------

Leonard: Sheldon, we have to do this.

Sheldon: No, we don't. We have to take in nourishment, expel waste, and inhale enough oxygen to keep our cells from dying. Everything else is optional.

Diy, Season 2 ada udah at the stores?

No comments: