Jul 6, 2009

Life, Love and Regrets

My niece just returned my university's-day textbooks that she borrowed years ago, guess she was just spring cleaning her room... argh! I've been procratinating to do mine. Anyway, just as I was flipping thru' the books, (checking if there's any old forgotten love notes i left in there... haha as if!) I found this slip of paper that had several poems that I copied from somewhere.... it brings back memories

FORGET HIM!

Forget his name, forget his face
Forget his kiss and warm embrace
Forget the love you once knew
Remember he has get someone new

Forget him when you hear his song
Forget you cry all night long
Forget how close you once were
For now he got her

Forget his smile, forget his grin
Forget the dimple on his chin
Forget the way he held you tight
Remember he was hers tonight

Forget the time that goes by fast
Forget the love that now had past
Forget he said, "I'll leave you never"
Remember he said, "Goodbye Forever"

WHEN YOU ARE OLD AND GREY

Since I still appreciate you dear
Let's find love while we may
Cause I know I'll hate you dear
When you are old and grey
So say you love me here and now
I'll make the most of that
Say you love me and trust me
For I know you'll disgust me
When you're old and getting fat

Your teeth will start to go dear
Your waist will start to spread
In twenty years or so dear
I'll wish that you were dead

I'll never love you then at all
The way I do today
So please remember
When I leave in December
I told you so in May

COAT

Sometimes I have wanted to throw you off like a heavy coat
Sometimes I have said you would not let me breathe and move
But now that I am free to choose light clothes or none at all
I feel the cold, and all the time I think how warm it used to be...

TRUE OR BLUE

I do not have a clue
On what I should do
Should I be blue
Or should I be true

If blue I choose
Will I be bright
Who will I lose?
Who will I bite?
If truth overcomes me
Am I on my own?
Will other support me?
Or will friendship be torn?

SOMETHING TURNS TO NOTHING

Something turns to nothing
And nothing makes you cry
There was something in that something
It's gone and you wonder why...

Life can't be lived on one thing
For that something could be that something
So wipe those tears of nothing
For tomorrow there will be that something.

Haha...try to make sense of the last poem. All I can deduct that you'll lose something one of these days - its part of life- but don't lose hope, for tomorrow is a new day with more opportunity and promises ^_^

No comments: