Feb 17, 2010

Heroes and Villains

I managed to get through from ep 30-51 of Queen Seon Deok's bad subs. Now Mi Shil is dead and Deok Man becomes the Queen. She acknowledge that the road she had taken was a lonely one, she could not trusted anyone but herself. Everyone is selfish, out for their own gain ... but even Yu Shin??? He pledge he gave all he had to give for her while Bi Dam pledge he would do all to get back what he had lost. Darn! Can somebody remind me of a story, of a legend, of any myth where the strong female lead get the 'career' and the love? Why does women have to choose either one and man can easily get both? For a woman, if you're so successful then most likely you would end up being alone.
And argggggh! I wish Bi Dam does not have to become the 'dark prince' now that the lead 'dark princess' had died... how wish that Mi Shil had lived longer, so that something stronger can develop beween Deok Man and Bi Dam to overcome the dark force of his greed and ambitions.
Nature vs Nurture; the old debates came to mind. Yes, Bi Dam is selfish, who didn't?, and he courgeous and brave enough to fight for what he believes is his. Isn't that a positive character? Everyone is greedy, the only difference is the extent of that greed would govern your action; would that motivate you to strive harder, would you let go of all your principles just to have what others have? or would you just smirk to yourself and chant be grateful with what you have now?


Bi Dam could become a greater man if it wasn't for those evil minions that feeds his greed and ambitions; made him wanted more, made him believes it was rightfully his in the beginning. Yes, maybe DNA plays a part in moulding his character - he is Mi Shil's son after all - but if only he was brought up with proper upbringing, feel love and wanted, maybe he would not turn be this 'disjointed' person. I'm gonna take a break from QSD for now and wait for the dvds with good subs... Right now, I got Percy Jacksons to read (watch the movie and interested to know more about the Greek Gods myth so I bought the book! It was intended for childrens so guaranteed an easy read), other series to watch, and other korean dramas to better spend my time own (compare to wasting my time trying to deciper what exactly the subs trying to translate!)
Talking bout korean drama, there are 2 currently airing Korean Drama that even just reading the recaps make me feel 'bubbly'. The dramas are Wish Upon A Star and The Woman Who Still Want To Marry. This two dramas didn't pique my interest when I read the synopsis but because Javabeans personally doing the recaps, I'm curious enough to read the recaps of the first two episodes and...getting sucked in!
Wish Upon A Star, is a stroy of a flighty 25-years old woman who had not have a care in the world. Her aim in life was to dolled herself to caught the interest of the love her life, the cold hearted prince. But life takes a turn for the worst when she lost both her parents in an accident making her the sole guardian of her 5 adopted siblings and worst still the villains in this drama made them lost their home too. She could have taken the easy way out and turned the kids to foster homes, but she squared her shoulder, cut her hair and bear the burden. I like reading about her growing as a person, and the kids sounds adorable too! Kim Ji Hoon might be dashingly andsome in Flowers For My Life, but in this drama his hairdo seems weird, though that does not mean I'm not itching to see this drama!!! Cause I am, but I just don't have the patience to watching streaming nor the time.


My first impression of reading the synopsis of The Woman Who Still Want to Marry was arghhh... another Dal Ja Spring? What's Up Fox? A much older woman being paired up with a younger man. Really really this drama was not in my list of dramas-to-watch but I didn't know how Javabeans suckered me to read one episode recaps to another, making me even more "in love" with Kim Bum. First saw Kim Bum in the widely known BBF and then love him as Dong Chul in East of Eden but here I think I'm gonna fall deeper into the pit.

I thought Jang Geun Seok is cute, Chun Jung Myung is cute, - who else ah?- but nothing compares to Kim Bum who makes me wish that I was born a little bit more later. (Snort! Like that would make my chances ending up with him greater!) Haha... if I was Shin Young I would jump headfirst with him regardless of the consequences, of society... ( Double snort!)but I'm not Shin Young and Min Jae is not 'real' - only the cute Kim Bum is real - so yeah me jumping would n-e-v-e-r happen.

Okay ready for lots of Kim Bum's pics from the drama (courtesy to dramabeans.com) .... swoons!

Hmm... now that I see back the screen recaps, I realised that its not his physical appearance that I find endearing and cute, though his eyes are really 'feeling'. Its his romantic gestures that pulled the string of my old heart! I think lah... haha I don't like to overanalyse things... makes you see thing you better off not seeing I'm sure. Yawn! I better get some sleep....

No comments: