Apr 6, 2011

Family Outing


I just finished watching 85 episodes of Family Outing over the period of around 2 months!!!!

When I went for a week vacation to Korea last month, whats in my head was - it's useless to bring my brand new laptop along since I won't have the time and the energy to watch FO - I'm gonna miss Family; Kook Jong, Daesung, Chun Hee, Ye Jin etc etc... And to think that I scoff at this show when I first tried to watch it before saying it was boring and not funny! Hehe... Can I collect back my words now?

The Family's song



I think I know what I did wrong the first time around. Then, I was picking the episode randomly by choosing the episode with guests that I like. That way, I don't really get to know the family, how their relationship grew over time, their group dynamics, each unique personalities. I don't know what makes me start watching from the first episodes afterward, but as the laughter erupts so my addiction grow... I need to watched at least one episode per night before I go to sleep.

Well, if you don't know what Family Outing is, it's a Korean variety show (SBS) where on each episode the "Family" travels to different parts of South Korea and takes care of the house of an elderly family while that family goes on a vacation. The "Family" then accomplishes the tasks left for them by the house's owners... and in between the tasks they had childish competitive games among themselves.

The Family consist of:
Yu Jae Suk - the Nation's MC. Though in this show, he really shows a pitiful characters that keeps on getting bullied and orders around by the other family members. But you can see that the others are really comfortable with him, even the guests in that he almost always get picked to do chores along with them. I think he took care of them so that they would not feel awkward by... well making himself looks stupid...hehe


Lee Hyo Ri - the Nation Fairy. A former member of a famous girl group back in the 90's but I think she's still pretty popular even now. Like Jae Suk she really discard trying to maintain a good and pretty image for the sake of bringing the laughter. There are times I really wants to hate her personalities but without her the show will lack luster.


Yoon Jong Shin - the elderly. He's a veteran singer, the eldest in the family. Sometimes his jokes could be so lame and his facial expression so creepy.


Kim Soo Ro - the Game Devil. He's very competitive and before Kim Jong Kook joins the family, was the most intimidating family members. The one he ordered around the most was Chun Hee, but I think he's a softie behind the camera cause Chun Hee still regards him fondly outside of the show and he's one of the guy that cried hardest when Chun Hee have to leave the show. He even tried to hide his emotion from the camera which made that more sincere.


Kang Dae Sung - the cute maknae. He's one of the member of Big Bang, and I think feeling a little bit inferior in terms of looks and popularity compare to the other good-looking member. He's cute because of his personalities, he maybe 22 but the girls took care of him like he's a little kid and the guys don't dare to bully him much scared of the outlash of the Big Bang's fans.


Kim Jong Kook - trainer Kook. I first saw him in Running Man (among the latest variety show), though he seems harsh in there, but there's something that not quite right of painting him so mean. Then I saw when he first joined FO, he's mostly a silent spectators and very shy to 'silly' himself. The earlier episodes when he was so awkward with Hyo Ri was so cute then when they started to get closer and constantly bickering, it's cute too haha... If he doesn't have such amosquito voice I would be smitten by him... I do hope he have a good ending with Ye Jin ^^





Park Hae Jin - the delicate boy. Fall for him in East of Eden, tried to watch Hot Blood because of him, but the storyline was so ridiculous that I had to stop wasting my time. He maybe tall and good-looking, but he was really unlucky in terms of games and usually get chosen for chores. Kook Jong points out that he lacks strength in his lower body and train him a few times on the show for strength. Oh yeah, during the girl group dance face-off where the man dress up as a girl, wow! ipo...


Lee Chun Hee - the clumsy chunderella. he really is a good guy, no matter how others bully him, he doesn't answer back, just "Ne, hyung" unlike Hae Jin who retorts back (but still I like that about him, he stood up for himself). He was so comfortable with Hyo Ri, his same age chingu that I kinda hoping there's something there, but then I think he needs a girl who respect him which I doubt Hyo Ri will. Then last month he got married with a fellow actress and I was so happy for him. What I will remember whenever I saw Chun Hee will be the time he washed radish with soap haha!



Park Ye Jin - sweet, savage lady Ye Jin. I watched a few episodes of My Princess before I watch this and I sooo hate her woody spiteful character there. But in this episode she was so sweet and at times cute, with abilities to handle any kind of animals. Despite her small skinny stature, don't underestimate her strength!



Park Shi Yeon - city girl. I don't have strong feeling for her either positive or negative from watching her dramas. I don't think she stand out much in this show - well with the limited episode she had because of her health issue.

So there you go a brief intro to the Family... I'm gonna miss the show... Well, better get back to my korean drama now. I don't think I want to watch Family Outing 2, its only got 17 episodes so i guess it didn't get much viewership although some of the members are idols.

No comments: